Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cucumber Sandwiches

I was recently asked to make some cucumber sandwiches for a fall tea/luncheon. I was a little nervous because I had never made them before, and I was a little skeptical about how just how tasty cucumbers and bread could actually be! I found a great recipe online, and made a few dozen little sandwiches. Not only were they really easy to make, they were delicious, and quite addicting! They are the perfect appetizer for showers, hostess parties, luncheons, teas, anytime you need a snack that's light and refreshing. Cucumber sandwiches are considered very manly, so I wouldn't recommend them for your Super Bowl party! I got a few requests for the recipe, so here it is:

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix (I use Good Seasons)
1/2 cup mayo
2 tbl. sour cream
2-3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced and placed on towel or paper towel to drain
Loaf of sandwich-style french bread

Mix all ingredients except cucumbers. Spread mixture on two slices of bread. Add slices of cucumber. With a bread knife, trim crusts off of sandwich, and cut into two or four squares. Makes up to 2 dozen little finger sandwiches.

For best results, try to assemble the sandwiches just before serving.


No comments: