Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honey Glazed Holiday Ham

We usually eat ham for dinner once a year during the holidays, so we have to make it good! This is a great recipe I found online. It's delicious, and even my picky kids love it! I usually double the glaze so we have extra for dipping (in other words, we like bathe our ham in it!). 

Ingredients:

1 (5 lb) fully cooked sliced ham 
1/4 cup whole cloves
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 oranges, juiced (or use prepared OJ)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the ham in a roasting pan and insert cloves. In a saucepan, combine all other ingredients; stir and simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Pour the glaze over the ham, and bake uncovered for about 1 hour. Pour extra sauce on ham just before serving.

2 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

Hi Stephanie! I found your blog through Suzanne's & this ham recipe sounds soooo good! I tried making it last week but I've never cooked ham before & first it was under cooked, then over cooked. But, the glaze was yummy I'm sure! :)

The Bowden Family said...

That stinks! Did you use a ready made ham? I usually use the pre-cooked ham, that way all I'm really doing is heating it up. Plus it saves time! :)